Become acquainted with the BYU College of Nursing legacy.
1952 First class begins with Vivian Hansen, director. Temporary nursing quarters located east of the Eyring Science Center on BYU campus.
1953 Design competition for BYU student nurse uniforms.
1954 Bernice Chapman, director and later dean.
1957 First graduating class College of Nursing relocates to new (now demolished) Smith Family Living Center.
1957 National League for Nursing accredits BYU College of Nursing associate degree and baccalaureate degree programs.
1961 Beulah Ream Allen, dean.
1965 Linnea Morrison, acting dean.
1967 Elaine Murphy, acting dean.
1970 Maxine Cope, dean.
1972 Associate degree program ends.
1976 First graduates of master's program.
1982 Elaine D. Dyer, dean. College of Nursing relocates to the Spencer W. Kimball Tower.
1986 June Leifson, dean.
1988 Salt Lake Center nursing classes end.
1992 40th anniversary celebration. Trevor Southey's painting unveiled.
1993 Sandra Rogers, dean.
1995 International nursing becomes a major focus for the College of Nursing.
1997 Accreditation from the National League of Nursing (NLN).
1999 Elaine Marshall, dean.
2000 College of Nursing Alumni Board officially organized. College of Nursing Volunteer Leadership Council officially organized.
2001 SAM, the Human Patient Simulator, becomes the latest addition to the College of Nursing.
2002 50th anniversary celebration.
2004 Mary Ellen Edmunds Nursing Endowment for the Healer's art established.
2005 In partnership with Intermountain Healthcare, project to increase undergraduate enrollment from 48 to 64 students twice a year.
2006 Accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) through 2015.
2006 Acquired pediatric simulator, "Tiny Tim", through the generosity of the George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Foundation.
2006 Curriculum changed from 6 semesters to 5 semesters to allow students to graduate in 4 years (instead of 4½ years).
2006 Acquired pediatric simulator, “Tiny Tim” through the generosity of the George S. and Delores Doré Eccles Foundation.
2007 Beth V. Cole, dean.
2009 Received a $4 million pledge from the Fritz B. Burns Foundation for renovation of the Nursing Learning Center
2009 First professorship established in College of Nursing.
2010 Mary Ellen Edmunds Nursing Endowment for the Healer's Art fully funded.
2010 Endowment established for Public and Global Health Nursing.
2011 Myrtie Fulton Mentored Research Award established to support student-mentored research.
2012 60th anniversary Celebration.
2012 Patricia K. Ravert, Dean.
2014 Expansion of Mary Jane Rawlinson Geertsen Nursing Learning Center opens in September.